PITTSBURGH – The fourth-seeded Wisconsin volleyball team advances to the 2019 NCAA Championship match with a 3-1 defeat of No. 1 Baylor on Thursday night at PPG Paints Arena. The Badgers downed the Bears 25-27, 25-21, 25-17, 25-19.
- Wisconsin improves to 27-6 on the season while Baylor loses just its second match of the season and finishes the year 29-2.
- Junior Dan Rettke led the Badgers with 19 kills while Molly Haggerty added 15 kills.
- UW hit .267 (54 kills – 19 errors – 131 attempts) while holding Baylor to .183 (54-26-153).
- Wisconsin outblocked the Bears 14.5 – 10, behind eight blocks from Rettke.
- UW also had a 62-56 advantage in digs with senior Tiffany Clark recording a match-high 18 digs.
- The Badgers also finished with a 9-4 advantage in service aces with Rettke and Sydney Hilley both scoring on three aces.
- Wisconsin will face the winner of the Stanford/Minnesota match for the national title on Saturday at 7 p.m. CT from PPG Paints Arena live on ESPN2.