FOLEY, Ala. – The quarterfinal round matchups have been finalized after a thrilling day one of play at the 2020 NAIA Women’s Soccer National Championship on Tuesday. Central Methodist (Mo.) advanced on penalty kicks in the first match of the day, followed by a convincing victory by two-time national champion Spring Arbor (Mich.)


No. 8 Central Methodist (Mo.) ties No. 9 John Brown (Ark.) 1-1, Adv. 4-2 PK’s

  • Central Methodist led 4-2 in shots on goal after the first half. The Eagles ended with a 9-8 advantage in shots on goal.
  • Anika Kallash posted the first goal of the final site to put the Eagles up 1-0 in the 54th minute of the game. The tally was Kallash’s team-leading 34th of the season.
  • Less than two minutes later, Erika Skindlov netted the equalizer for Eastern Oregon to tie the match at 1-1.
  • The first match of the final site went to overtime as the second half ended with a pair of corner kicks from Central Methodist.
  • After two periods of overtime, the match went to penalty kicks as Eastern Oregon came away with the win on a shot from Josee Bassett.
  • Savannah Hutchinson made one save on the first shot in the PK frame.

No. 7 Spring Arbor (Mich.) def. No. 10 Eastern Oregon 3-2

  • Madison Marshall led the scoring in the game with her first of two goals in the match in the 19th minute to make it 1-0.
  • Eastern Oregon tied it less than 10 minutes later as Cailin Koupal ran past Samantha Tracey to fine a wide-open net to even it at a goal a piece.
  • Madison Marshall added her second just moments later to give the Cougars the lead for good. The junior now has 14 goals on the year and 18 in her career.
  • Lauren Marshall netted her first of the final site in the 38th minute to extend the lead to 3-1 for Spring Arbor. The goal was the 15th on the season for the shot leader for the Cougars
  • The Marshall sisters are the second and third from their family to have played at Spring Arbor. Their older sister Morgan played for the Cougars from 2016-2019.
  • Eastern Oregon was awarded a penalty shot with 1:26 remaining. Kayla Storm put it in the back of the net to pull the Mountaineers within one.