Chicago, Ill. The Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference women’s basketball post-season tournament began tonight. The #6 seed Holy Cross College women’s basketball traveled to #3 seed St. Xavier University. This would be the third matchup between the two teams, with both teams winning on the road in both regular season games. The Saints prevailed in the rubber match, defeating the Cougars 65-60. With the win, Holy Cross advances to the CCAC semifinals.
Key Notes of the Game:
– The Saints shot 38% from the field and 48% from behind the arc
– The Holy Cross defense limited the Cougars to shooting just 32% from the field
– Women’s basketball won the rebound battle 46-36
By the Numbers:
– Kaelyn Barlow finished with a double-double with 15 points and a game-high 22 rebounds
– Jessica Norris went 6/11 from three in route to a team-high 19 points
– Keysha Streater scored 14 points on and pulled down 7 rebounds
The Saints advance to the CCAC semifinals and will take on #2 Cardinal Stritch University on the road on Friday, February 22. Tipoff TBD. The other side of the bracket features #1 seed University of St. Francis hosting #4 seed Olivet Nazarene Univeristy.