Chicago, Ill. The Holy Cross College women’s basketball team took on (17) St. Xavier University this afternoon on the road in Chicago. The Saints would trail by 10 after the first 20 minutes of action, but would outscore the Cougars 41-26 in the second half to win 71-66. With the win, Holy Cross improves to 11-13 overall and 8-6 in the CCAC while St. Xavier falls to 16-7 and 11-4.
Key Notes of the Game:
– The Saints shot 41% from the field and 35% from three
– Holy Cross won the rebound battle 56-36
– The Cougars were only able to shoot 35% from the field against the Saints’ defense
By the Numbers:
– Keysha Streater finished with a double-double with 20 points and a team-high 16 rebounds
– Jessica Norris hit 5 threes in route to a team-high 22 points
– Brooek Sterkowtz had 11 points and 6 rebounds
– Kaelyn Barlow pulled down 15 rebounds to go along with 6 points
The Saints will return to Illinois for another road contest when they take on Judson University of Wednesday, January 30. Tipoff set for 6:00pm.