Notre Dame, Ind. The Holy Cross College women’s basketball team opened their 2018-2019 season with a win, as they defeated Goshen College 67-51 in a non-conference game. Holy Cross displayed their ability to distribute the ball, converting 26 made field goals on 21 assists. With the win, women’s basketball stands at 1-0 to start the year, and Goshen drops to 0-1.
Key Notes of the Game:
– HCC started the game on a 9-0 run
– The Saints shot 39% from the field and 31% from three
-The HCC defense forced 22 Goshen turnovers
– Women’s basketball outrebounded the Maple Leafs 39-31
– The Saints outscored Goshen 23-15 in the final quarter
By the Numbers:
– Jessica Norris converted 7/16 from behind the arc for 24 points to go along with 8 rebounds.
– Kaelyn Barlow added 12 points and pulled down 7 rebounds
– Alex Forster had 8 assists with only 1 turnover, while also scoring 9 points and pulling down 6 rebounds
Women’s basketball will host crosstown rival Bethel College on Tuesday, October 30. Tipoff is set for 5:30pm in McKenna Arena.