Holy Cross’s Hot Start Too Much for Pilots
MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s soccer team could not contain Holy Cross on Wednesday evening from coming out of the gates quickly, losing 3-1 at Morey Field. Sarah Lancaster netted the lone goal for the Pilots, while the defense allowed goals in the first minute of each period to put the pressure on the hosts early.
- Score: Holy Cross def. Bethel 3-1
- Records: Bethel (2-1-0) | Holy Cross (2-1-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Holy Cross – not rated
- Location:Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 1’ | Olivia Shaw (HCC) unassisted
- 26’ | Sarah Lancaster (BU), assisted by Kama Hardy
- 32’ | Riley Chapla (HCC), assisted by Lauren Cernak
- 46’ | Lauren Cernak (HCC) unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Saints scored in the first minute of each half—the second half goal coming just 11 seconds into the period.
- Sarah Lancaster scored her second goal of the season to knot the score up at 1 each midway through the first half.
- Kama Hardy recorded her fourth assist of the season. She entered tonight’s match ranked No. 5 in the NAIA in total assists.
- The Pilots were outshot 18-5. Janae Willis made a career-high 8 saves in the match.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Grand Rapids, Michigan on Saturday to take on (RV) Aquinas at 3:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “Full credit to Holy Cross tonight for coming out strong and bringing a good level. They put us in a position where we had to chase the game and definitely made us work. I was proud of our output tonight and continue to be excited about so many great things from this group of women.”