In-state Rivals Battle for Spot in Sweet 16
 Purdue (29-6) vs.  Butler (21-13) / East Region
Sunday, March 18, 2018 / 12:10 p.m. ET / CBS (Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel, Allie LaForce)
Detroit, Michigan / Little Caesars Arena (20,491)
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – No. 2-seeded Purdue aims for its second straight NCAA Sweet 16 appearance on Sunday as it faces Butler in the round of 32 contest. Tip is scheduled for 12:10 p.m. ET, from Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, and will be aired on CBS with Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel and Allie LaForce on the call.
Chris Carrino and P.J. Carlesimo will handle the national radio call on Westwood One, while Larry Clisby and Rob Blackman will call the action courtside on the Purdue Radio Network.
Looking Back at the Cal State Fullerton Win
• Purdue ran past Cal State Fullerton in Friday’s first round 74-48. Carsen and Vincent Edwardseach scored 15 points while the Boilermakers outrebounded the Titans by 10 (44-34) and forced 17 turnovers. The Boilermakers outscored the Titans 29-9 in second-chance points and points off turnovers to overcome a slow start.
• Purdue started the game one of nine from 3-point range, but finished the game making eight of its last 13 attempts.
• Purdue’s 26-point victory was its largest NCAA Tournament win since 95-56 win over 15th-seeded Delaware in 1998.
• Cal State Fullerton’s 48 points were the second fewest ever allowed by Purdue in NCAA Tournament play (43 vs. Saint Peter’s; 2011).
• Purdue improved to 38-29 all-time in the NCAA Tournament and is now 21-7 in the first round. Purdue is 8-2 under Matt Painter in first-round games.
• Purdue forced 17 turnovers against the Titans, the most in NCAA Tournament play since forcing 17 against Arizona on March 16, 2007.
• Purdue’s 29 victories have tied a school record, set three other times (2010, 1994, 1988). • Purdue is aiming for its fourth Sweet 16 during the Matt Painter era (2009, 2010, 2017); would be 12th most nationally since 2009.
• Purdue’s 82 wins are tied for the 11th most nationally over the last three years.
• Purdue’s 103 wins by the senior class are the third most by a senior class in school history (107 – Class of 2011; 104 – Class of 2012); 5,068 career pts.
• Purdue’s 82 wins over the last three years are tied for the most in school history.
• Purdue’s 56 wins since the start of last season are tied for the most in school history in a two-year span.
• Purdue is 6-1 over its last seven games, averaging 79.0 points per game during that span. The Boilermakers are shooting 49.6 percent from the field and 42.4 percent from 3-point range during that span.
• Purdue is 21-0 this year when shooting 48.0 percent or better from the field.
• Purdue is 28-2 this year when scoring more than 70 points in a game.
• Purdue ranks second nationally in 3-point percentage (.420), having made a school record 335 triples on the season.
• Purdue has won seven straight games against teams from the state of Indiana, last losing on Feb. 20, 2016, vs. Indiana (77-73).
• This will be the first time Purdue has faced an in-state school outside the state of Indiana since March 6, 1998, vs. Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament in Chicago. It marks the first time that Purdue has faced an in-state opponent in the NCAA Tournament since March 13, 1980, vs. Indiana.
Individual Player Notes
• Carsen Edwards –> has scored in double-figures in 18 straight games … went over 1,000 points for career in win over Cal State Fullerton, the 7th player in school history with 1,000 points in first two seasons … averaging 23.6 points per game over the last seven games … has 90 3-pointers on the season, the fourth most in a season in Purdue history … has 643 points this year, needing three points to tie Caleb Swanigan for third on the Purdue sophomore scoring list … is 15-15 from the free throw line during the NCAA Tournament.
• Vincent Edwards –> surpassed 1,600 career points in win over Cal State Fullerton … needs two assists to become fourth player nationally in last 25 years with 1,500 career points, 750 rebounds, 400 assists and 150 3-pointers (Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine, Louisville’s Terrence Williams, Tulane’s Jerald Honeycutt) … Purdue is 26-3 during his career when he leads the team in scoring … averages 17.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game in six NCAA Tournament games.
• Dakota Mathias –> school-record holder for career 3-pointers made (246) … ranks second on the single-season 3-pointers made list (92) … when he makes two 3-pointers in a game in 76 of 139 games (64-12 record) … will tie the career record for games played (140) on Sunday vs. Butler.
• P.J. Thompson –> has 0-1 turnovers in 113 of 135 career games … yet to record 100 career turnovers in 3,163 minutes (98 career turnovers) … averaging 11.5 points per game in last two NCAA games (12 vs. Kansas; 11 vs. Cal State Fullerton).
• Matt Haarms –> has 75 blocked shots this year, ranking fifth among the nation’s freshmen.