COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Indiana volleyball team earned a 3-1 (25-21, 18-25, 25-20, 25-8) victory against (RV) Ohio State on Wednesday night at St. John Arena.
The victory for the Hoosiers is their first in Columbus since November 29, 2008.
The Hoosiers (11-3, 2-1) used a balance attack with three players with double-digit kills. Junior Hayden Huybersrecorded 10 kills on 16 attempts and hit .562 for the match.
Freshman Breana Edwards posted a double-double with 10 kills and 10 digs.
The Hoosiers return home to host No. 6 Minnesota on Saturday Sept. 29 at 7:00 p.m.
• The Hoosiers improve to 11-3 overall and 2-1 in Big Ten play.
• Breana Edwards got notched double-digit kills in 10 straight matches.
• The Hoosiers 25-8 set four win is their largest margin of victory in a set this season.
• For the 12th time in 14 matches, Bayli Lebo led the Hoosiers in digs, with 13.
• The Hoosiers hit .520 in the fourth set with 13 kills and zero errors.
• After making 10 attack errors in the opening set, Indiana had five combined for the remainder of the match.
• The Hoosiers came back from down 20-18 in the first set and scored seven of the next eight points to win the set, 25-21.
• The last Big Ten road victory for Indiana was Nov. 20, 2016 against Rutgers. That season was also the last time Indiana beat Ohio State, 3-1 at home on Nov. 5 to the No. 22 Buckeyes.
Indiana Head Coach Steve Aird
“I’m proud of our kids for fighting and playing hard. OSU had an off night but we were ready for that window. We have a lot of things we need to work on and improve, but we will take it, get back in the gym and get back to work.”
Next up the Hoosiers host No. 6 Minnesota at University Gym on Saturday Sept. 29 at 7:00 p.m.