MARION, Ind. – For the sixth consecutive year, Indiana Wesleyan men’s basketball is headed to the Crossroads League Tournament Championship. The Wildcats defeated defending NAIA National Champions Spring Arbor, 102-75. It’s the Wildcats fourth straight win over the Cougars.
Kyle Mangas cemented himself in Wildcat Men’s Basketball history Saturday, becoming the Wildcats All-Time leading scorer passing Perry Frank. Needing just 23 in the game to pass Frank, Mangas netted his 23rd point in the second half.
INSIDE THE BOX
- The Wildcats were red hot in the first half shooting 61% from the field and 50% from deep. IWU knocked down seven three-pointers, with Cannan Coffey leading the way with three.
- Despite finishing the game with 24, Mangas has struggled from deep lately, not converting one in his last two games.
- Tanner Rubio finished the contest with 17 points, missing just one shot in the game. The senior added a team-high six assists as well.
MOVING UP THE CROSSROADS LEAGUE SCORING LIST
- Kyle Mangas moved up the Crossroads League Scoring List to No. 11, jumping Perry Frank. IWU holds three spots in the Top-15 while Bethel boasts the most players with four.
- 3,700 – Steve Platt – Huntington
- 2,789 – Errick McCollum II – Goshen
- 2,696 – Eric Brand – Bethel
- 2,622 – Mark Galloway – Bethel
- 2,620 – Jody Martinez – Bethel
- 2,616 – Ben Falkenberg – MVNU
- 2,565 – Jeff Shepherd – Huntington
- 2,540 – Jerry Neigh – Spring Arbor
- 2,525 – West Stowers – Marian
- 2,504 – Chet Kammerer – Grace
- 2, 454 – Kyle Mangas – IWU
- 2,452 – Perry Frank – IWU
- 2,427 – William Walker – Bethel
- 2,409 – Durand ‘Speedy’ Walker – IWU
- 2,393 – Micah Lancaster – Spring Arbor
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU will host Bethel University on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
FOLLOW THE WILDCATS