UPLAND, Ind. – Alex Springer found the parking lot twice Tuesday leading No. 10 Softball past Saint Francis 8-0 in game one of the Crossroads League Tournament. Carlie Weaver pitched a gem from the circle, allowing just one hit while striking out four in five innings of work.
- Game 1 Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 8 | Saint Francis (Ind.) – 0
- Records: IWU – 50-8 | Saint Francis (Ind.) – 23-25
- NAIA Top 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – #10 | Saint Francis (Ind.) – #Unranked
- Location: Taylor University | Upland, Indiana | Gudakunst Field
INSIDE THE BOX
- Kira Madl: 2 H, 2 RBI, HR, R
- Alex Springer: 2 H, 2 R, 4 RBI, 2 HR
- Kelsey Kooistra: 2 H, R
- Emily Hastings, H, R, RBI
- Carlie Weaver: 5 IP, H, 4 K
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan will play the winner of the Huntington/Taylor game at 3 p.m. today. This game will also be played at Taylor University.