FINAL: (7) Oregon 95, (2) Iowa 80
NCAA Tournament Second Round – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Iowa ends its season 22-9 overall, including a 14-6 conference record.
- Luka Garza led all scorers with 36 points. Garza netted double figures for the 100th time in his career and 20+ points an NCAA-best 22 times this season.
- Garza reached the 30-point plateau an NCAA-best eight times this season. Additionally, he has topped 30 points 13 career times, tying John Johnson for the most in program history.
- Luka Garza’s 36-point effort tied the school record for most points scored by a Hawkeye in an NCAA Tournament game (36, Bill Logan vs. Temple, 3/22/56).
- Garza was 14-of-20 from the floor today. His 14 field goals made equal his second highest total in a single game in his career (17 at Michigan, Dec. 6, 2019).
- Joe Wieskamp netted 17 points, scoring 15+ points for the 18th time this season. He also was credited with five assists, tying a career high set last game versus Grand Canyon. Wieskamp made three 3-pointers, marking the 13th time this season and 31st time in his career that the junior made three or more triples.
- Joe Wieskamp, Luka Garza, and Jordan Bohannon became Iowa’s highest scoring trio on the same team in school history. The trio increased their career point total to 5,227 points, surpassing the trio of Ed Horton, B.J. Armstrong, and Roy Marble (5,193 points).
- The Hawkeyes fall to 6-2 all-time against Oregon, with both losses coming in the postseason (2012 NIT; 2021 NCAA).