MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team saw a chance for a win against a team receiving votes in the NAIA DII Top 25 slip away in the final seconds against IU Northwest (Ind.) on Tuesday night. After clawing back to take a two-point lead with 26 seconds remaining in regulation, the Lady Pilots allowed the RedHawks to tie it up to send it to overtime and gave up an 8-2 run to start the extra stanza and could not recover in a 65-63 loss to the visiting RedHawks.
- Game Score: IU Northwest def. Bethel 65-63 ot
- Records: Bethel (4-2) | IU Northwest (6-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | IU Northwest – Receiving votes
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner: 22 pts, 4 reb, 2 stl
- Maggie Deboy: 12 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast
- Kamala Glenn: 11 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast
- Michelle Moraitis: 7 pts, 8 reb, 5 ast 2 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Maggie Deboy recorded career-highs with 12 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists.
- The Lady Pilots outscored the RedHawks 26-22 in the second half and had a two-point lead with 26 seconds left in regulation but gave up the game-tying field goal. The Lady Pilots missed a game-winner just before the buzzer sounded at the end of the fourth quarter.
- The Lady Pilots did not record double-digit steals for the first time this season, with just 6 pilfers on the night.
- The Lady Pilots allowed 10 or fewer points in a quarter for the fourth time this season, holding the RedHawks to just 9 in the final quarter. The Lady Pilots are allowing a meager 12.8 points in the fourth quarter this season while scoring 17.3 points per final quarter.
- The Lady Pilots were outrebounded 45-39, including giving up 12 offensive rebounds leading to 16 second chance points for the visitors.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots travel to Lincoln, Illinois to take on Lincoln (Ill.) on Friday, November 16 at 6:30 pm ET and Lincoln Christian (Ill.) on Saturday at 2:00 pm ET in their latest non-conference tune-ups before Crossroads League play gets underway.