SOUTH BEND, Ind. – For just the second time in program history, the Indiana University South Bend men’s basketball team defeated Robert Morris University Illinois on Saturday afternoon. The Titans hung on to defeat the Eagles 95-93 in a fast paced high-scoring affair.
Score: IU South Bend – 95 || Robert Morris Illinois – 93
Records: IU South Bend 10-14, 5-9 CCAC || Robert Morris – 10-13, 6-7 CCAC
NAIA Top-25 Rank: IU South Bend – not ranked || Robert Morris – not ranked
Location: Student Activities Center || South Bend, Indiana
- Dylan Allen (SO/Indianapolis, Indiana): 19 points, four rebounds, and four assists
- Norell Smith (SO/St. Johns, Indiana): 17 points and seven rebounds
- Donyell Meredith II (FR/Indianapolis, Indiana): 6-of-8 from the field for 14 points and six rebounds
- Miguel Mahan (JR/Baldwin, Michigan): 13 points, five rebounds, and two blocks
- Kenny Washington (FR/Indianapolis, Indiana): 12 points, six assists, four rebounds, and three steals in his first career start
- Miles Tracy (FR/Indianapolis, Indiana): 10 points, four rebounds, and four blocks for the fourth time this season
- The Titans converted 24 of 30 free throws. The third time they have shot 30 or more free throws in a game
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Titans’ eight total blocks is their second highest total since blocking nine shots in the season opener against Concordia
- The other win for IU South Bend in the series came on January 7, 2015 as the Titans defeated the Eagles 86-80.
- On Wednesday the Titans will host Trinity International University. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m.