IWU Baseball Opens Series with Win at Saint Francis
FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan baseball won 4-2 in the opening game of a three game series at Saint Francis on Friday. Caleb Eder contributed three hits and Jon Young allowed two runs in 6.2 innings to lead the Wildcats in the series opener.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Saint Francis, 4-2
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 22-25, 8-13 Crossroads League | Saint Francis 11-37, 4-18 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Saint Francis – Not ranked
- Location: Cougar Field | University of Saint Francis | Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Saint Francis outhit Indiana Wesleyan 12-10 but USF left 12 men stranded.
- Indiana Wesleyan struck first with a pair of 1st inning runs. Andrew Breytenbach had an RBI groundout and Brady West scored on a throwing error.
- Saint Francis made it a 2-1 game after 1 inning but Indiana Wesleyan got that run back in the 2nd inning on a Caleb Eder RBI double.
- Blaine Reed led off the 7th inning with a home run for a 4-1 Wildcat lead.
- Saint Francis cut the lead in half at 4-2 in the bottom of the 7th inning but left the bases loaded.
- Jon Young: W (6-2), 6.1 IP, 12 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Kyle Hall: Save, 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- Caleb Eder: 3-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI, R
- Brady West: 2-for-5, R, SB
- Blaine Reed: 1-for-4, HR
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan and Saint Francis complete the weekend series with a doubleheader on Saturday. First pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m. in Fort Wayne.