MARION, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan baseball plated two runs in the 1st inning and pitchers Tim Olvaney and Johnny Rohde made it stand up in a 2-1 victory vs. No. 24 Huntington (Ind.) on Monday at Wildcat Field. The top-25 win is the third this season for the Wildcats as they previously defeated No. 15 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) and No. 22 IU Southeast.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Huntington, 2-1
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 24-26, 10-14 Crossroads League | Huntington 27-9, 20-4 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Huntington – No. 24
- Location: Wildcat Field | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Indiana Wesleyan scored both their runs in the 1st inning. Brady West had an RBI double and Caleb Eder hit a sac fly for the early 2-0 lead.
- Huntington plated their lone run in the 5th inning as Shea Beauchamp scored from second base on a two out error.
- The Foresters threatened in the 8th inning. Andy Roser hit a triple with one out but was stranded as Johnny Rohde got out of the jam with a pair of strikeouts to preserve the 2-1 lead.
- Huntington had another opportunity in the 9th inning as Will Coursen-Carr doubled deep down the right field line to put Foresters at second and third base with two outs. Rohde escaped again as he induced a fly out to right field to end the game.
- GAME STATS
- Tim Olvaney: W (2-1), 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Johnny Rohde: Sv (4), 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, BB, 5 K
- Jordan Wharton: 0-for-2, 2 BB, R
- Brady West: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, R
- Brandon Shaffer: 1-for-3, BB, SB
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan ends the regular season this weekend with a three game home series vs. Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio). IWU and MVNU play a single 9-inning game on Friday at 6 p.m. and start the Saturday doubleheader at 3:30 p.m.