MARION, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan baseball took two out of three games in a weekend series at Saint Francis (Ind.). Following a win on Friday, Indiana Wesleyan won 6-4 in the second game of Saturday’s doubleheader in the final regular season away game in 2017.
- Game 1: Saint Francis def. Indiana Wesleyan, 2-0
- Game 2: Indiana Wesleyan def. Saint Francis, 6-4
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 23-26, 9-14 Crossroads League | Saint Francis 12-38, 5-19 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Saint Francis – Not ranked
- Location: Cougar Field | University of Saint Francis | Fort Wayne, Indiana
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- The first game’s two runs came in the bottom of the 1st as Keaton Sullivan hit a two-out, two run double for the 2-0 Cougar lead.
- Dane Hoffman was stellar on the mound for Saint Francis. Hoffman collected the complete game victory as he allowed just three hits and one walk in 7.0 innings of work. He struck out nine Wildcats.
- Saint Francis outhit Indiana Wesleyan, 6-3.
GAME 1 STATS
- Conner Cantrell: L, 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, 6 K
- Brady West: 1-for-3, 2B
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Indiana Wesleyan led 3-0 after five innings. Dan Rochotte contributed an RBI single in the 4th inning while Brandon Shaffer and Andrew Breytenbach each had RBI singles in the 5th inning.
- Saint Francis scored two runs in both the 5th and 7th innings to take a 4-3 lead.
- Grant Thompson put the Wildcats ahead in the 8th inning with a two run single. Blaine Reed scored later in the inning on an USF error as IWU led 6-4.
- Trailing by two in the 9th inning, Saint Francis put two men on with two outs. Kyle Hall got out of the jam with his third strikeout of the inning.
GAME 2 STATS
- Andrew Breytenbach: 4-for-5, 2B, RBI, R
- Grant Thompson: 3-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI, R
- David Corbin: 6.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- Kyle Hall: W, 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, BB, 5 K
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts No. 24 Huntington (Ind.) at 7 p.m. on Monday in a single 9-inning game at Wildcat Field.