MARION, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan football picked up their fourth straight victory Saturday, defeating Lawrence Tech 45-10 in front of a packed homecoming crowd. The Blue Devis struggled to move the chains against an electrifying Wildcat defense, totaling just 191 total yards and ten first downs.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Zack Blairhad a bounce back game, throwing for 240 yards and two touchdowns. Blair completed 17 of his 30 passes, for a quarterback efficiency rating of 145.9, his highest this season. Blair added 47 yards on the ground, his highest total of the season and in his career.
- Jesse Deglowfound the end zone twice, giving him four rushing touchdowns in three games.
- Brayden Smithfell one yard shy of his season best, pulling in 164 receiving yards with two touchdowns. Smith averaged 20.5 yards per-catch with his longest of the afternoon totaling 44-yards.
- Adam Schantzhad himself a day, totaling ten tackles, 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble. Schantz’s forced fumble came in the fourth quarter, giving Joshua Fusco the easy Wildcat touchdown which pushed IWU’s lead to 32.
- Payton Marksburywas second with eight tackles while collecting his first career interception. Fusco added another Wildcat interception, while also collecting two defensive breakups and five tackles.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Wildcats head to #8 Saint Francis on Saturday.
- The Cougars boast a record of 3-1 with a matchup against #4 Concordia tonight at 6 p.m.