MARION, Ind. – After a 39-point first half by Indiana Wesleyan and Missouri Baptist football, kicker Ben VonGunten would come up clutch scoring all six points in the second half. The Wildcat defense would shut out MBU in the second half, while VonGunten would add a field goal in the third and fourth quarter. VonGunten finished the game with three made field goals with his longest coming from 27-yards out.
Adam Schantz sealed the victory for the Wildcats, collecting his second career interception on what would become MBU’s final position.
INSIDE THE BOX
- IWU struggled to move the chains, collecting just 14 first downs compared to MBU’s 19.
- Indiana Wesleyan was a perfect 3-for-3 in the redzone, while Missouri Baptist strolled to score in two of their five tries.
- Despite running five fewer plays than MBU, IWU edged MBU when it came to the time of possession, 42:34 to 39:56.
- Josh Davidsonand Adam Schantz led the Wildcats in total tackles collecting 13 and 11.
- The Wildcat defense collected three sacks while IWU surrendered just one.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Wildcat football will take the week off, returning to action on September 28th when they host Olivet Nazarene at 6 p.m.
- This will be the first night game played at Wildcat Stadium.