GOSHEN, Ind. – No. 8 Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball overpowered Goshen (Ind.) in an 85-69 road win Tuesday night. IWU has not lost to Goshen in nine years and extends the win streak vs. the Maple Leafs to 19 straight.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Goshen, 85-69
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 17-6, 8-3 Crossroads League | Goshen 10-13, 3-8 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 8 | Goshen – Not ranked
- Location: Gunden Gymnasium | Goshen College | Goshen, Indiana
- Joel Okafor: 8 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
- Kyle Mangas: 17 points, 6-11 FG, 13 rebounds
- Grant Smith: 8 points, 7 rebounds
- Jacob Johnson: 15 points, 4 rebounds
- Evan Maxwell: 26 points, 10-15 FG
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Indiana Wesleyan has won 19 straight games in the series with Goshen. The last IWU lost to GC was on November 24, 2009.
- The Wildcats never trailed on Tuesday night. IWU led 40-25 at halftime and built a game-high 21-point lead late in the second half.
- Kyle Mangas recorded his third double-double of the season. He finished with 17 points and a career-best 13 rebounds.
- Indiana Wesleyan outrebounded Goshen 43-22 in addition to scoring 54 points in the paint.
- The Crossroads League Tuesday night schedule featured the top five teams in action vs. the bottom five teams in the league standings. Indiana Wesleyan was the only top five team to avoid the upset bug as Saint Francis, Mount Vernon Nazarene, Bethel, and Spring Arbor all lost.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan returns to Luckey Arena on Saturday for a home contest vs. No. 13 Bethel (Ind.). Tip is scheduled for approximately 3 p.m.