MARION, Ind. – No. 8 Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball shot 58-percent from the field in a 100-73 victory over Huntington (Ind.) Saturday afternoon. IWU never trailed in the game and led by as many as 29 points.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Huntington, 100-73
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 20-6, 11-3 Crossroads League | Huntington 10-16, 6-8 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 8 | Huntington – Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Evan Maxwell: 21 points, 9-12 FG, 2-3 3FG, 5 rebounds
- Kyle Mangas: 20 points, 7-7 FT, 5 assists, 3 steals
- Canaan Coffey: 22 points, 7-10 FG, 4-7 3FG, 4-4 FT
- Grant Smith: 7 points, 5 assists
- Ben Carlson: 12 points, 3-3 FG, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Indiana Wesleyan led by double digits the entire second half and led by as many as 29 points.
- Three Wildcats scored 20 or more points with Maxwell (21), Mangas (20), and Coffey (22). It is the first time IWU accomplished the feat since November 5, 2013 vs. IU East. DJ Bettinger (20), RJ Mahurin (32), and Jordan Weidner (28) led Indiana Wesleyan to a 123-103 win.
- Indiana Wesleyan committed a season-low seven turnovers.
- Huntington upset Indiana Wesleyan 87-84 in the teams’ first meeting on December 2 in Huntington.
COACH TONAGEL SAYS…
- “We are growing as a team. This is the complete opposite from the last time we played Huntington. We played with more focus and heart and togetherness. We are starting to put 40 minutes together.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts Taylor (Ind.) on Tuesday in Luckey Arena. The IWU-TU Rivalry Game sponsored by Marion General Hospital tips off at 7 p.m.