MARION, Ind. – No. 6 Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball had six players in double figures in a 116-70 win over Miami-Hamilton (Ohio) in the Caleb Dimmich Memorial Classic. Evan Maxwell produced a huge line with 24 points and 19 rebounds to lead the Wildcats.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Miami-Hamilton, 116-70
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 4-0 | Miami-Hamilton 0-3
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 6 | Miami-Hamilton – Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Jacob Johnson: 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists
- Trevor Waite: 13 points, 3-6 3FG, 3 assists
- Kyle Mangas: 10 points, 2-3 3 FG, 4 assists
- Grant Prible: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals
- Sam McCracken: 6 points, 8 rebounds
- Grant Smith: 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals
- Evan Maxwell: 24 points, 10-15 FG, 19 rebounds
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Indiana Wesleyan shot 58.2-percent (49 of 79) from the field and 57.1-percent (12 of 21) from beyond the arc.
- The 116 points for the Wildcats is the most since scoring 129 points in a win over Great Lakes Christian (Mich.) on November 7, 2015.
- All 13 Wildcats saw action and scored on Saturday. There were 12 players that saw 10 or more minutes.
COACH TONAGEL SAYS…
- “It’s a great feeling when everybody gets in and everybody contributes in a game. Evan Maxwell had his best effort on the glass by far. When he plays like that, it is going to be hard to keep him off the glass. And Grant Prible is bringing energy and playing his heart out right now. He’s really adding energy to this team when he comes off the bench.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts Grace Bible (Mich.) at 7 p.m. on Tuesday inside Luckey Arena.