UPLAND, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball won the IWU-TU Rivalry Game sponsored by Marion General Hospital by a 90-81 score on Tuesday in Upland for the 12th consecutive win in the series. IWU has not lost to the Grant County rival since Valentine’s Day 2012.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Taylor, 90-81
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 14-5, 5-2 Crossroads League | Taylor 11-8, 2-5 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 7 | Taylor – Not ranked
- Location: Odle Arena | Taylor University | Upland, Indiana
- Joel Okafor: 13 points, 7 rebounds
- Kyle Mangas: 25 points, 8-15 FG, 8-8 FT, 7 rebounds
- Grant Smith: 13 points, 6-6 FT, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
- Evan Maxwell: 15 points, 6 rebounds
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Wildcats have won 12 straight in the series and 18 of the last 20. Greg Tonagel is 23-5 all-time in the series.
- The Wildcats connected on each of their last 15 free throw attempts, including 10 in the final minute of the game. IWU finished with a season-best 85.7-percent shooting from the foul line on 24-of-28 shots.
- Indiana Wesleyan dominated the glass with a 39-24 rebound advantage.
- Freshmen Kyle Mangas (19) and Grant Smith (11) combined for 30 second half points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts No. 2 Saint Francis (Ind.) on Saturday in Luckey Arena. The top-10 matchup will tip after the women’s game at approximately 3 p.m.