MARION, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan softball won both ends of a home doubleheader vs. Saint Francis (Ind.) on Wednesday evening. Kaisey Carson pitched a three-hit shutout in the opener while game two starting pitcher Carlie Weaver did not allow a run in her five innings of work.
- Score Game 1: Indiana Wesleyan def. Saint Francis, 2-0
- Score Game 2: Indiana Wesleyan def. Saint Francis, 5-2
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 21-7, 8-4 Crossroads League | Saint Francis 7-11, 4-8 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Saint Francis – Not ranked
- Location: Wildcat Field | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- In the 3rd inning, Sara Kreitzer hit an RBI triple and Alex Springer followed with an RBI single for a 2-0 Wildcat lead.
- Saint Francis threatened in the 6th inning when they put two runners on base. But pitcher Kaisey Carson got out of the jam with a fly out to deep left field.
- Kaisey Carson: W, 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K; 1-for-3, R
- Sara Kreitzer: 1-for-3, 3B, RBI, R
- Alex Springer: 2-for-3, RBI
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Indiana Wesleyan scored one run in each of the first five innings.
- Saint Francis avoided the shutout with two runs in the 7th inning.
- Kaisey Carson: 3-for-4, 2B, R
- Sara Kreitzer: 1-for-2, 2B, R
- Carlie Weaver: W, 5.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8K; 1-for-3, RBI
- Danielle Munn: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 1 K
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts Goshen (Ind.) on Friday at Wildcat Field. The doubleheader begins at 5 p.m.