CLERMONT, Fla. — The Indiana Wesleyan softball season came to a close Saturday morning following a 3-2 loss to No. 4-seed and No. 8-ranked Davenport in a 2017 NAIA World Series elimination game. The Wildcat rally in the 6th inning fell one run shy as the season comes to a close following two one-run losses at the World Series.
- NAIA World Series
- Score: Davenport def. Indiana Wesleyan, 3-2
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 44-15 | Davenport 48-9
- World Series Seed: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 9 | Davenport – No. 4
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Davenport – No. 8
- Location: Legends Way Ballfield | Clermont, Florida
- Davenport scored one run in the 1st inning and two more in the 3rd inning for a 3-0 advantage. IWU was able to escape anymore damage as Davenport left the bases loaded in each of those innings.
- Indiana Wesleyan rallied in the 6th inning with two runs to narrow the deficit to 3-2. IWU loaded the bases after there were two outs. IWU scored their first run on a DU error and Kristen Exposito followed with an RBI single.
- In the 7th inning, Emily Hastings was hit by a pitch with two outs. Kira Madl followed and flew out to deep center field to end the game.
- Indiana Wesleyan left 13 runners on base. IWU had five hits and eight walks in the game but left the bases loaded in three innings.
- Kaisey Carson: L (24-10), 3.0 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, 3 K; 0-for-1, 3 BB, R
- Alex Springer: 2-for-4, RBI
- Kristen Exposito: 2-for-4, RBI
- Kira Madl: 0-for-2, 2 BB, R
- Carlie Weaver: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, K; 0-for-0, BB
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan ends their season with a 44-15 record. IWU won a NAIA National Championship Opening Round bracket for the first time and advanced to the NAIA World Series.