MARION, Ind. – It was short and sweet Tuesday, as Indiana Wesleyan softball defeated Spring Arbor University 8-0 in both games, with game one cut short in the sixth and game two in the fifth. Mckenzey Ridge toed the rubber in both contests, allowing just six total hits while striking out five.
- Miranda Wehrlesent her tenth ball over the fence in the fifth inning, giving her four straight games with at least one home run.
- Mckenzey Ridgewas nearly unhittable, giving up her first hit of the game in the third inning. Ridge would go the distance allowing just two hits while striking out three and walking one.
- Indiana Wesleyan stranded nine Wildcats in the game on base.
- A four-run inning in the fourth gave IWU the eight-run advantage.
- Trinity Medina and Miranda Wehrledrove in two Wildcats apiece while Lauren Buckley, Addie Benham, and Kira Madl each drove in one.
- Buckley added to her stolen base total, stealing twice in the short contest.
- Indiana Wesleyan stranded just two Wildcats on base in game two.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU will host Grace College tomorrow at 5 p.m. The game will start in the bottom of the first due to previously being rained out.