UPLAND, Ind. — No. 3 Indiana Wesleyan softball hit three home runs en route to a 6-2 victory over No. 6 Saint Francis (Ind.) in the opening round of the Crossroads League Tournament in Upland. Kristen Exposito, Sydney Williams, and Sara Kreitzer all hit long balls as the Wildcats advance to play No. 2 Taylor (Ind.).
• CROSSROADS LEAGUE TOURNAMENT
• Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Saint Francis, 6-2
• Records: Indiana Wesleyan 39-11 | Saint Francis 17-25
• CL Tournament Seeds: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 2 | Saint Francis – No. 6
• NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Saint Francis – Not ranked
• Location: Gudakunst Field | Taylor University | Upland, Indiana
• After the first two batters failed to reach base in the 1st inning, Alex Springer walked and Kristen Exposito followed with a two run home run for the early 2-0 advantage.
• The first two Wildcats were retired in the 2nd inning but IWU rallied for two runs for a 4-0 lead. Kira Madl and Kaisey Carson each had RBI doubles.
• Saint Francis cut the lead in half with a two run 3rd inning as Indiana Wesleyan led 4-2.
• Sara Kreitzer hit a lead-off home run in the 6th inning and later in the inning pinch hitter Sydney Williams hit a home run on the first pitch she saw.
• Kristen Exposito: 1-for-3, HR, 2 RBI
• Sara Kreitzer: 1-for-3, HR
• Sydney Williams: 1-for-1, HR
• Kira Madl: 1-for-1, 2 BB, RBI, R
• Carlie Weaver (18-4): W, 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, 7 K
NEXT TIME OUT
• Indiana Wesleyan and Taylor (Ind.) play in the next round of the Crossroads League Tournament. The IWU-TU Rivalry Game sponsored by Marion General Hospital begins at 2:45 p.m. in Upland.