MARION, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan softball won their eighth straight game Friday, while also snapping Taylor University’s perfect record in League play. IWU took the lead in the bottom of the first and never looked back, holding the Trojans to just two hits through six innings winning game one by a score of 8-4. Lauren Buckleywould cap the night off for the Wildcats, driving in the winning run in the bottom of the eighth giving IWU the 8-7 win.
• Kira Madl drove in three runs for the third time this season, making it 11 times she has driven in three or more in a game.
• Miranda Wehrle and Victoria Boyer were the lone Wildcats to collect multiple hits in the contest.
• IWU stranded nine runners on base while TU stranded ten.
• TU was held to just two hits for six innings before posting four in the seventh.
• Lauren Buckley increased her career stolen base total to 119, sitting just 38 stolen bases behind Holly Weaver (Bethel College) for the most stolen bases in Crossroads League history.
• IWU would surrender their 5-1 lead in the top of the sixth, allowing the Trojans to push six across. The Wildcats would square things up in the bottom at seven, pushing across two runs of their own.
• Indiana Wesleyan would work out of jams in the seventh and eighth, stranding Trojans on base in both innings.
• Madl would kick the eighth inning off with a single to left-center, with Lauren Buckley delving the game-winning hit with two outs.
• Lauren Buckley stole two more bases in game two, bringing her total to 121, sitting just 36 stolen bases behind Holly Weaver (Bethel College) for the most stolen bases in Crossroads League history.
NEXT TIME OUT
• IWU hosts Huntington University tomorrow with first pitch of the doubleheader scheduled for 1 p.m.