MARION, Ind. – No. 21 Indiana Wesleyan University volleyball defeated Spring Arbor (Mich.) in the home and Crossroads League opener for the Wildcats. IWU made quick work of the visitors as the Cougars did not score more than 17 points in a game.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 3 | Spring Arbor – 0
- Set 1: IWU 25-14
- Set 2: IWU 25-16
- Set 3: IWU 25-17
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 3-2, 1-0 Crossroads League | Spring Arbor 5-4, 0-1 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 21 | Spring Arbor – Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Emily Workman: 8 kills, 15 assists, 4 aces, 9 digs
- Lauren Gross: 8 kills, .583 attack percentage
- Katie Cole: 12 assists, 6 digs
- Morgan Miller: 9 kills, .421 attack percentage, 1 solo block, 1 block assist
- Tay Thomas: 10 kills
- Indiana Wesleyan finished with a .347 attack percentage.
COACH MOATS SAYS…
- “This is the most electrifying environment we have had at a first home match. School isn’t even in session yet but there were around 500 people here supporting us, most of those were athletes. That environment was phenomenal for my new team to experience. I am so grateful to all of the sports teams that came. It was impressive.”
- This is a new team with a lot of freshmen and we have returners playing in different spots. I have had question marks about what we are going to get each day but I’m consistently seeing the dedication and hard work is driving this team. Our motto of ‘People Before Points’ is encouraging them and building confidence. We are playing at a level that is higher than I thought it would be. They are just going out there and having a blast. I am fortunate to be the coach of this team and I just love these girls.”
UP NEXT FOR VOLLEYBALL
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts the IWU Invitational this weekend inside Luckey Arena. IWU plays at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Friday and 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday.