MARION, Ind. – Luckey Arena witnessed an epic battle on Friday night as #RV Indiana Wesleyan University volleyball took a 3-2 win over No. 25 Marian (Ind.) to force a tie atop the Crossroads League standings. The back-and-forth affair featured 63 ties and 17 lead changes between the top two teams in the league.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 3 | Marian (Ind.) – 2
- Set 1: MU 25-19
- Set 2: IWU 25-21
- Set 3: IWU 25-20
- Set 4: MU 25-21
- Set 5: IWU 16-14
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 13-3, 7-1 Crossroads League | Marian 15-3, 7-1 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Marian – No. 25
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Emily Workman: 29 assists, 3 aces, 10 digs
- Megan Graber: 8 kills, .333 attack percentage, 4 block assists
- Morgan Miller: 19 kills
- Marci Miller: 10 kills, 6 digs, 3 block assists
- Tay Thomas: 13 kills, 6 digs, 1 solo block, 3 block assists
- Banner Rodgers: 32 digs, 5 assists, 2 aces
- Katie Cole: 25 assists, 11 digs
- The 19 kills for Morgan Miller ties the second most she has ever had in a game. Miller hit a career-best 23 kills vs. Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) as a freshman in 2014.
- Banner Rodgers tied a career-high with 32 digs. Rodgers also accumulated 32 digs in a win over Taylor (Ind.) last season.
- Marian saw their 13-match win streak snapped with the loss. MU has not lost since a 3-2 decision vs. Trinity Christian (Ill.) on August 26. Since that loss, Marian dropped just four sets during the 13-match win streak.
- The loss for the Knights is their first in Crossroads League play this season. Indiana Wesleyan and Marian are currently tied atop the league standings with a 7-1 record. Taylor (Ind.) and Grace (Ind.) are next but are 2.0 games back at 5-3.
COACH MOATS SAYS…
- “The maturity we saw tonight was so inspiring and worth all the hard work so far this season. The seniors were amazing leaders tonight on the court. Tay and Morgan combined for 32 kills, Banner had a personal record high digs of 32, and Emily led the way with 29 assists. Marian is a quality program and the girls really stepped up for the challenge. So proud of this team. People before points.”
UP NEXT FOR VOLLEYBALL
- Indiana Wesleyan is quickly back at it on Saturday at 3 p.m. as the Wildcats host Grace (Ind.) inside Luckey Arena.