MARION, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan University volleyball got off to a slow start on Wednesday but rebounded to defeat visiting Saint Francis (Ind.) 3-1 inside Luckey Arena on Pink Out Night. IWU had a season-best 12 blocks while seniors Morgan Miller and Tay Thomas led the Wildcats with 11 kills apiece.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 3 | Saint Francis (Ind.) – 1
- Set 1: USF 25-19
- Set 2: IWU 25-20
- Set 3: IWU 25-22
- Set 4: IWU 25-10
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 20-7, 13-2 Crossroads League | Saint Francis 9-19, 6-8 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Saint Francis – Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Katie Cole: 21 assists, 3 digs
- Megan Graber: 5 kills, 6 block assists
- Tay Thomas: 11 kills, 2 solo blocks, 2 block assists
- Kelly Miller: 8 kills, 5 digs, 1 block assist
- Emily Workman: 18 assists, 5 digs
- Morgan Miller: 11 kills, 4 digs, 5 block assists
- Banner Rodgers: 25 digs, 2 aces
- Indiana Wesleyan finished with a season-high 12 blocks on Wednesday. The previous high this season was 10 on two difference occasions.
- The Wildcats scored 18 of the last 21 points in the match as they turned a 7-7 tie in the fourth set into a 25-10 win.
UP NEXT FOR VOLLEYBALL
- Indiana Wesleyan returns to the road this weekend for a pair of Crossroads League matches. IWU opens with a 7 p.m. match at No. 25 Marian (Ind.) on Friday in Indianapolis and then a 3 p.m. tilt at Grace (Ind.) on Saturday in Winona Lake.