RAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Indiana Wesleyan volleyball went 4-0 on the weekend at the Aquinas/Cornerstone Invitational improving to 12-0 on the season, extending the teams record-setting start to the 2019 season.
INSIDE THE BOX
- The Wildcats opened the day with a 3-1 victory over IU-Kokomo. IWU had a .301 attacking percentage and recorded seven aces in the match.
- The team also had six blocks and held the Cougars to 42 kills.
- In the second match of the day, Indiana Wesleyan defeated Cornerstone in straight sets to improve to 12-0.
- Marci Millerled the way with 16 kills with Rachel Klitzing adding 11.
- Havyn Gatesand Abigail Rutt paced the Wildcats on defense with 15 and 14 digs respectively.
- There was a lot of growth this weekend in finding our stride. Lots of grit was shown as we battled through the pressure of our opponents best.
- We love the fight because it is growing us as a team as we keep maturing as a volleyball team!
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts Grace College on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. in the second Crossroads League match of the year for the Wildcats. IWU defeated Spring Arbor on September 4th and holds a 1-0 record in the league.