COLUMBIA, Mo. – Indiana Wesleyan volleyball began the day with a 3-1 upset victory over top-ranked Park (Mo.), and ended the night with a 3-0 victory over William Woods (Mo.) at the Columbia Invitational in Columbia, Mo. The Wildcats improve to 5-0 on the season heading into tomorrow’s matches with Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) and Columbia (Mo.), who is ranked second in the NAIA.
INSIDE THE BOX
- In the victory over defending champions Park, three IWU players tallied double-digit kills as Marci Millerand Rachel Klitzingeach had 15, while Kelly Miller recorded 13. Alex Falcone set a career-high with 43 assists in the win.
- Park had not lost since November 11, 2018, after going 36-1 last season, Indiana Wesleyan snapped a ten-game win streak for the Pirates. The Wildcats last beat a top-10 team on October 15, 2016, as IWU defeated #9 Grand View.
- In the sweep of William Woods, Klitzing led the way with ten kills. The Wildcats also recorded seven aces on the way to victory.
- This was a big day for IWU volleyball. We put in the hard work in preseason and it showed today. We are excited to continue to improve. The power of a positive team can take you far. I am so proud of these girls. Tremendous performance by the Wildcats!
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan is back on the court tomorrow with Olivet Nazarene at 12 p.m. and #2 Columbia at 3:00 p.m.