MARION, Ind – Indiana Wesleyan women’s basketball opened up the Leah Whittaker Memorial Classic Friday with a 31-point victory over the Saints of Holy Cross. IWU put the game to bed in the first half leading by 20 with 2:31 left in the second quarter. Nicole Ignasiak was a monster under the basket scoring 18 points in the first half.
- Nicole Ignasiakwas a force to be reckoned with scoring 19 points while grabbing six rebounds. Elaina Ededuwa led the Wildcats in rebounds with nine, while adding 15 points of her own.
- The Freshman from Travers City, Michigan, Margot Woughter, poured in a career-best 17 points on 5-of-11 shooting.
- Both teams struggled to hold on to the ball combining for 41 turnovers. The Wildcats gave it away 22 times, while Holy Cross committed 19 turnovers.
- I thought our intensity and purpose took a step forward tonight. There were times it got sloppy but for the most part, we had a purpose and resolve on both ends of the floor.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU faces No. 21 Lawrence Tech in the final game of the Leah Whittaker Memorial Classic tomorrow at 3 p.m.