OAKLAND CITY, Ind. – Kyle Mangas secured another Wildcat men’s basketball record Friday, scoring 51 points in a 114-70 win over Oakland City University, good for a new single-game scoring record. The 29-year old record was set in 1991, when Bruce Smith clipped IU-Kokomo for 44 points.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Mangas’ previous high was 40 points when rocking the red and gray, but his career high was set in high school when he finished the IHSAA regional game with 47 his senior year.
- Michael Thompson III collected his first double-double scoring 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting, while grabbing ten rebounds.
- Kyle Mangas stroked 21 straight free throws before missing with 15 minutes left in the second half.
- IWU has struggled to grab the ball in their last two contests, while being outrebound 49-46. OCU grabbed 25 offensive rebounds in the game.
- IWU has eclipsed 100 points in all but one game this season, outscoring their opponents 750-521.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU heads to No. 12 Marian University Saturday for the start of Crossroads League play.