- NorthWood (9-0): Bronson Yoder ran 11 times for 233 yards and three scores and threw a touchdown pass as the top-ranked (Class 4A) Panthers wrapped up Northern Lakes Conference crown with a 56-8 win at Plymouth.
- Mishawaka (8-1): Chris Harness scampered 24 times for 255 yards and three scores, helping the No. 4 (Class 4A) Cavemen earn the Northern Indiana Conference North Division title with a 49-42 overtime win over No. 3 (Class 6A) Penn.
- Penn (7-2): Trenton Horvath found the end zone at the end of regulation against Mishawaka, but the Kingsmen still had their 47-game NIC winning streak snapped.
- Michigan City (7-2): Bryce Hayman tossed for 136 yards and four scores in the No. 5 (Class 5A) Wolves’ 48-0 blanking of Crown Point.
- Warsaw (7-2): Bryce Garner rambled for 136 yards and a touchdown for the Tigers in a 45-3 win over Concord.
Bremen (7-2): Jacob Wunder was limited to just 33 yards on the ground in the No. 9 (Class 2A) Lions’ 17-0 loss at Culver Academy.
Culver Academy (6-2): Ty English ran 22 yards for a touchdown for the Eagles against Bremen.
LaVille (6-3): Robby Pope had a pair of scores for the Lancers in a 53-12 win over Culver.
New Prairie (6-3): Ian Skornog had 14 rushes for 153 yards and two touchdowns in the Cougars’ 49-0 blanking of Elkhart Central.
Plymouth (6-3): Cole Filson had five catches for 72 yards and a score for the Rockies against NorthWood.
Marian (5-4): Michael Gibson’s touchdown run in a 41-0 win over Washington helped the Knights snap a three-game losing streak and claim a share of the NIC South Division title.
Riley (5-4): Darien Taylor returned a fumble 30 yards for a score in the Wildcats’ 40-6 victory against Glenn.
Saint Joseph (5-4): John Driscoll returned from a leg injury to run for 67 yards with a touchdown as the Indians ended a three-game skid with a 36-12 win over Adams.
Triton (6-3): Hunter McIntyre ran 13 times for 82 yards and a score as the Trojans made it three wins in a row with a 36-20 decision over Winamac.
Wawasee (1-8): Steven Hauntz’s 32-yard touchdown reception in a 13-10 triumph over Goshen helped the Warriors get into the win column for the first time in 2017.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Concord (4-5): Ariel DeLaPaz’s 40-yard field goal against Warsaw was one of the few bright spots as the Minutemen suffered their first losing regular season since 2003.
Elkhart Central (4-5): Dominic Davis’ 55 yards rushing against New Prairie was not enough to keep the Blazers for suffering their fourth setback in five contests.
North Judson (4-5): Fletcher Greer’s 13-yard run was not enough as the Bluejays dropped their third game in a row with a 36-0 setback to top-ranked (Class 1A) Pioneer.
Northridge (4-5): Justin Puckett accumulated 33 yards on the ground, but the Raiders still suffered their fourth setback in five games with a 34-0 loss to Elkhart Memorial.
Angola (9-0) at Culver Academy (6-2) (Class 4A): The Hornets have held opponents to seven or fewer points in six contests, while Culver Academy is going for its fifth straight triumph.
Knox (6-3) at Jimtown (5-4) (Class 3A): The Redskins have never won a sectional championship, while Jimtown has never lost an opening round playoff game.
Mishawaka (8-1) at Hobart (7-2) (Class 4A): The Cavemen have scored 35 or more points on four occasions, while Hobart has been limited to seven points in both of their losses.
Plymouth (6-3) at NorthWood (9-0) (Class 4A): The Rockies have captured four of their last five sectional openers, while NorthWood is coming off its second unbeaten regular season in three years.
Woodlan (4-5) at Bremen (7-2) (Class 2A): The defending Class 2A state runner-up Warriors suffered their first losing regular season since 2012, while Bremen is trying to avoid a three-game losing streak.