- Penn (1-0): Caden Paquette’s eight-yard interception return for a touchdown lifted the No. 3 and defending Class 6A state runner-up Kingsmen to a 21-3 win over Valparaiso.
- New Prairie (1-0): Daniel Tyler tallied three touchdowns and recorded 13 tackles as the No. 5 (Class 4A) Cougars claimed the Milk Jug trophy with a 42-14 victory over LaPorte.
- Marian (1-0): Michael Gibson’s 64-yard punt return for a score helped the No. 9 (Class 3A) Knights to a 56-0 blanking of Clay.
- Mishawaka (1-0): Chris Harness scampered 27 times for 217 yards and two scores in the No. 5 (Class 4A) Cavemen’s 35-14 victory at Portage.
- Saint Joseph (1-0): John Driscoll tallied 19 carries for 218 yards and two touchdowns for the Indians in their 28-14 win at No. 10 (Class 5A) Concord.
Culver Academy (1-0): Branden Welch accounted for two touchdowns in the No. 10 (Class 4A) Eagles’ 28-6 victory against LaVille.
Michigan City (1-0): Bryce Hayman passed for 120 yards and five touchdowns and ran for 83 yards for the No. 7 (Class 5A) Wolves in their 53-0 blanking of Griffith.
Northridge (1-0): Tug Modglin raced 73 yards for a score in the Raiders’ 21-12 win over Adams.
NorthWood (1-0): Bronson Yoder’s 100 yards and two touchdowns on the ground vaulted the No. 9 (Class 4A) Panthers to a 26-0 triumph at Jimtown.
Riley (1-0): Justin Williams’ 262 yards and three scores through the air propelled the Wildcats to a 26-20 win over New Haven.
Bremen (1-0): Ryan Caldwell tossed for 191 yards and four touchdowns in the Lions’ 34-7 win at Tippecanoe Valley.
Elkhart Central (1-0): Mark Brownlee ran for 255 yards and two scores in the Blazers’ 38-7 win over rival Elkhart Memorial.
Goshen (1-0): Wesley VanHoosen threw for two touchdowns and also ran for two scores in the RedHawks’ 49-0 victory over Fairfield.
Warsaw (1-0): Harrison Mevis’ field goal was the difference in the Tigers’ 10-8 triumph at Columbia City.
Washington (1-0): Kenyon Grant came up with 96 yards rushing and three scores for the Panthers in their 48-0 blanking of Hammond.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Adams (0-1): Miguel Zyniewicz’s one-yard touchdown was not enough for the Eagles against Northridge.
Clay (0-1): Despite Lemond Nance’s interception against Marian, the Colonials still suffered their 23rd straight defeat.
Concord (0-1): Carter Neveraski’s came up with more than 160 total yards and a pair of touchdown passes for the Minutemen against Saint Joseph.
Glenn (0-1): Johnny Drew had a fumble recovery for the Falcons in their 40-12 setback at Boone Grove.
Plymouth (0-1): Cole Filson tossed for 81 yards and a score in the Rockies’ 16-6 loss at East Noble.
Goshen (1-0) at Elkhart Central (1-0): The Blazers are looking to start 2-0 for the second straight season.
Northridge (1-0) at Saint Joseph (1-0): The Indians have not opened the season with two straight wins since 2014.
Penn (1-0) at Merrillville (1-0): With their 20-14 win against No. 10 (Class 3A) Andrean, the Pirates halted a seven-game losing skid.
Plymouth (0-1) at Kokomo (0-1): The defending Class 5A state runner-up Wildkats suffered their worst setback in program history with a 77-0 loss at No. 3 (Class 5A) New Palestine.
Riley (1-0) at Bremen (1-0): The Wildcats’ last 2-0 opening came in 1997.