COMPILED BY MATT KOPSEA
1. Riley (8-0): Roland Austin netted 12 points in the Wildcats’ 78-61 victory over Plymouth.
2. NorthWood (8-0): Caleb Lung tallied 11 points and six rebounds for the top-ranked (Class 3A) Panthers in a 65-53 win over Clay in the championship game Dan Gunn Holiday Tournament.
3. Elkhart Central (7-1): Adonis Brown came up with 12 points, seven rebounds, six assists, and two steals in the Blazers’ 56-47 victory against Elkhart Memorial.
4. Adams (8-3): Mike Green’s shot as time expired lifted the Eagles to an 84-83 overtime win against Indianapolis Tindley in the Richmond Tournament title game.
5. LaVille (8-2): Justin DeClark’s 10 points helped the Lancers to a 65-62 win over host Washington Township in the holiday tourney finale.
6. Plymouth (7-3): Clay Hilliard scored 10 points in the Pilgrims’ 38-32 win over Westview.
7. Warsaw (6-4): Kyle Mangas surpassed the 1,000-point mark in his career with 26 points in the Tigers’ 64-47 loss to No. 8 (Class 4A) Lawrence North in the consolation game of the Hall of Fame Classic.
Culver (6-2): The Cavaliers got back in the winning column with a 52-41 win over North Judson.
Goshen (5-3): Mitchell Walters chipped in 20 points for the RedHawks in a 65-61 overtime win over East Noble.
New Prairie (4-3): The Cougars return to action for the first time since December 15 when they travel to Penn on January 3.
Washington (5-4): The Panthers were limited to nine points in the second quarter of their 64-52 loss to Crown Point.
Winamac (6-2): Jack DeGroot contributed 20 points in the Warriors’ 61-46 victory over Argos in the Winter Classic title game.
Clay (4-4): Dylan Underwood’s 14 points were not enough for the Colonials against NorthWood.
Concord (4-5): Cedric Mitchell chipped in nine points for the Minutemen in a 64-52 triumph at Marian.
Mishawaka (3-5): John Binion had 18 points for the Cavemen in their 54-51 win over Edwardsburg.
Northridge (3-4): Jackson Erekson netted 17 points in the Raiders’ 68-52 win over Columbus Centennial.
Triton (4-4): The Trojans have won four of their last five contests.
Elkhart Memorial (3-5): Joe Smith threw in 17 points for the Chargers against Elkhart Central.
Knox (4-6): Eian Coad finished with eight points in the Redskins’ 44-36 loss to Tippecanoe Valley.
Marian (3-5): Coley Quinn chipped in 12 points for the Knights against Concord.
North Judson (2-7): The Bluejays’ loss to Culver was their fifth straight setback.
Saint Joseph (2-6): Hunter West tallied seven points in the Indians’ 53-40 loss to Washington.
Saint Joseph (2-6) at Marian (3-5) (Tuesday): The Indians have captured 29 of the previous 52 contests against Marian.
Mishawaka (3-5) at Marian (3-5) (Friday): The Cavemen have run off 19 victories in the last 36 meetings with Marian.
Riley (8-0) at Elkhart Central (7-1) (Friday): The Wildcats have taken 23 of the previous 38 games against Elkhart Central.
Goshen (5-3) at LaPorte (8-2) (Saturday): The RedHawks have won three of the last five matchups with LaPorte.
Tippecanoe Valley (5-5) at Plymouth (7-3) (Saturday): The Pilgrims have been victorious in 28 of the previous 37 contests with Tippecanoe Valley.
KOPSEA’S KORNER HOOPS 16-17 – VOLUME FIVE
COMPILED BY MATT KOPSEA