INDIANAPOLIS – The Bethel College Lady Pilots could not stop a hot-shooting Marian Knights squad, the two-time defending NAIA national champions, in an 85-53 defeat. The Crossroads League leaders and No. 5 team in the nation shot over 63% from the field for the game and handed the Lady Pilots their 13th loss in 14 games.
- Score: Marian def. Bethel 85-53
- Records: Bethel (7-22, 2-15) | Marian (27-2, 16-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 5
- Location: Physical Education Center | Marian University | Indianapolis, Ind.
- Kamala Glenn: 14 pts, 4 reb, 6 stl
- Kaitlin Elsasser: 14 pts, 7-10 fg, 5 reb
- Kelsey Brickner: 7 pts, 2 ast, 5-6 ft
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots were outscored 54-37 in the second and third quarters combined.
- The Knights forced the Pilots into 25 turnovers and turned them into 33 points.
- The Lady Pilots pulled down 15 offensive rebounds and scored 12 second chance points.
- The Lady Pilots forced Marian into 22 turnovers, with 11 coming off steals, led by Kamala Glenn‘s career-high 6.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots return home for the final game of the season on Saturday against St. Francis at 1pm. The Lady Pilots will be honoring their two seniors, Kaitlin Elsasser and Katie Morgan, prior to tip-off. The Lady Pilots are eliminated from postseason contention and relegated to the ninth place in the league—only the top eight teams are eligible for the Crossroads League tournament.