Mishawaka, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots snapped their skid of nine straight losses with a solid victory over Goshen on Wednesday night as three Lady Pilots scored in double figures.
- Score: Bethel def. Goshen 73-70
- Records: Bethel (7-18, 2-11) | Goshen (1-24, 0-13)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Goshen – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner: 19 pts, 6 reb, 3 stl
- Kamala Glenn: 17 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast
- Jessica Erwin: 16 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast
- Tahya Bruce: 9 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots grabbed their first lead of the game on a Kelsey Brickner three-pointer to go up 10-8 with 2:21 remaining in the opening period and never trailed the remainder of the game.
- The Lady Pilots forced the Maple Leafs into 20 turnovers, including 11 in the first quarter.
- Brickner led the Lady Pilots in scoring for the third straight game. She is averaging 21.0 points per game and shooting .500 from the three-point line in that span.
- Tahya Bruce matched a career-high with 5 assists, to lead all players.
- The Lady Pilots scored the most points in a game since an 81-point outing against Great Lakes Christian (Mich.) on December 9.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots travel to Winona Lake on Saturday to take on the Grace Lancers in a men’s and women’s double header. The Lady Pilots are scheduled to tip-off at 1pm.