Spring Arbor, Mich. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team lost for the sixth time in their last seven games, shooting a cold 26.6% from the field, as the Spring Arbor Cougars used a dominant second quarter to put the Lady Pilots away.
- Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 84-53
- Records: Bethel (6-13, 1-6) | Spring Arbor (8-10, 2-5)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: SAU Fieldhouse | Spring Arbor University | Spring Arbor, Mich.
- Jessica Erwin: 17 pts, 3-3 3pt, 2 reb
- Kamala Glenn: 15 pts, 1 reb
- Grace Haley: 2 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast
- Katie Morgan: 6 pts, 3 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots started the game with the first four points but the Cougars used a 16-2 run to take a double-digit lead and never looked back.
- The Lady Pilots were held to a season-low 5 points in the second quarter and 14 points at halftime.
- Jessica Erwin scored a team-high 17 points, her second straight game in double figures.
- Grace Haley notched career-highs with 2 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists, leading the team in rebounding and assists.
- The Lady Pilots forced 22 turnovers and converted them for 11 points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots return home for a matchup against Mt. Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) in the first game of a double header on Saturday at 1pm.
The Pilots compete in 18 intercollegiate sports for men and women. The Bethel College Athletic Department earned the NAIA Champion of Character Five-Star Gold Institution and produced 17 NAIA Scholar-Teams last season. While accumulating 3 NAIA National Championships and 32 NCCAA National Championships by 10 different athletic teams, Bethel has also produced 143 NAIA All-American honors and 309 NAIA Scholar-Athlete honors over the past decade.
Bethel College is an accredited Christian college offering associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees in more than 70 areas of study.
Connect with Bethel Athletics online at BethelCollegePilots.com or via Facebook (Facebook.com/BethelPilots), Twitter and Instagram (@BethelPilots). #BuiltByBethel
|Bethel (Ind.) 6-13, 1-6 CL||9||5||19||20||53|
|Spring Arbor (Mich.) 8-10, 2-5 CL||16||21||28||19||84|
|Jan. 10, 2018|
|Spring Arbor, MI|
|BETHEL (IND.)||INDV. LEADERS||SPRING ARBOR (MICH.)|
|#24 Jessica Erwin – 17||Points||#33 Rachel Nelson – 23|
|#5 Grace Haley – 5||Rebounds||#11 Ryann Laier – 13|
|#5 Grace Haley – 3||Assists||#22 Autumn Goggin – 5|
|BETHEL (IND.)||TEAM STATISTICS||SPRING ARBOR (MICH.)|
|26.6% (17 – 64)||Field Goals %||51.7% (30 – 58)|
|20.8% (5 – 24)||3 Point Field Goals %||45.5% (10 – 22)|
|77.8% (14 – 18)||Free Throws||93.3% (14 – 15)|
|5||2nd Chance Pts||8|