MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots’ women’s basketball team could not find enough stops in the second half to score an upset over No. 19 Indiana Wesleyan, falling at home on Saturday afternoon 87-72. The Lady Pilots led 50-49 with 3:37 remaining in the third quarter but allowed the Wildcats to go on a 23-6 to take a commanding 72-56 lead and were not able to recover.
- Game Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 87-72
- Records: Bethel (10-14, 2-10) | Indiana Wesleyan (16-8, 29-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 19
- Location: Wiekamp Athletc Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Maci Heimlich – 13 pts, 2 stl, 4-6 fg
- Kamala Glenn – 13 pts, 5 stl, 5-13 fg
- Kristen Mohn – 11 pts, 3 reb, 3-6 3-pt
- Michelle Moraitis – 9 pts, 2 reb, 4-5 fg
NEWS AND NOTES
- Maci Heimlich continued her hot shooting from the perimeter, upping her season percentage to 39.8-percent from the three-point line. She is shooting 18-for-33 from beyond the arc in her last five games.
- The Lady Pilots forced the Wildcats into 17 turnovers in the game—off of 11 steals—and outscored the visitors 20-9 in points off turnovers.
- Kristen Mohn finished one shy of her career-high with 11 points, going 3-for-6 from long range. The senior is averaging a career-best 6.0 points per game, going 9-for-20 from the field, over her last four contests.
- The Wildcats shot 12-of-22 from the three-point line. It is the fourth straight game the Lady Pilots have allowed an opponent to shoot at least 44-percent from beyond the arc.
- The Lady Pilots take the long trip to Mount Vernon, Ohio on Wednesday to take on the Mount Vernon Nazarene Cougars at 7 pm.