MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots’ women’s basketball team could not close out Senior Day with a win, giving up a seven-point fourth quarter lead in falling to visiting Spring Arbor 73-69 on Saturday afternoon in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Senior Kamala Glenn set a season-high with 7 assists to go along with 16 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals.
- Game Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 73-69
- Records: Bethel (10-18, 2-14) | Spring Arbor (8-20, 4-12)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner – 17 pts, 4 reb, 4-11 3-pt
- Kamala Glenn – 16 pts, 4 reb, 7 ast, 3 stl
- Maci Heimlich – 12 pts, 4 ast 3-8 3-pt
- Michelle Moraitis – 11 pts, 5 stl, 4-5 fg
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Lady Pilots led by as many as seven points with six minutes remaining, when the Cougars used a 12-4 run to take the final lead change of the ballgame. After the Lady Pilots tied it at 65 with 1:48 remaining, the Cougars closed the game out on an 8-4 run.
- Michelle Moraitis tied a career-high with 5 steals and set a career-high with 11 points.
- With the loss, the Lady Pilots are officially eliminated from postseason contention. Two games behind the final Crossroads League playoff spot, eight-seed Spring Arbor, the Lady Pilots would lose any tiebreakers due to being swept by the Cougars this season.
- The Lady Pilots return to the Wiekamp Athletic Center one final time this season on Wednesday as they look to topple No. 25 Saint Francis at 7 pm.