Lady Pilots Lock Down Cornerstone in Final Quarter
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team earned their fourth win of the season on Saturday in the Wiekamp Athletic Center, defeating Cornerstone 62-54. After falling behind 48-41 at the end of the third quarter, the Pilots locked down the final stanza and outscored the visitors 21-6 to avenge last season’s defeat to the Golden Eagles.
- Game Score:Bethel def. Cornerstone 62-54
- Records: Bethel (4-1) | Cornerstone (1-6)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Cornerstone – not rated
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kamala Glenn: 13 pts, 3 stl, 7-8 ft
- Kelsey Brickner: 12 pts, 1 stl, 5-16 fg
- Maci Heimlich: 11 pts, 9 reb, 5 stl
- Maggie Deboy: 8 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots trailed by seven after three quarters but dominated the final quarter 21-6 to turn a seven-point deficit into an 8-point win. The Lady Pilots held the Golden Eagles to 3-12 shooting, including 0-7 from beyond the arc, and forced the visitors into 6 turnovers—on 4 steals—in the fourth quarter.
- The Pilots recorded double-digit steals for the fifth-straight game this season and rank in the top 25 in the nation in total steals with 64.
- Maci Heimlich recorded career-highs with 9 rebounds and more than doubled her season total of steals with 5 in the game.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots return to action on Tuesday, November 13 when they welcome (RV) IU Northwest (Ind.) for a 7:00 pm tip-off in the Wiekamp Athletic Center.