Lady Pilots Suffer First Loss of Season
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team suffered their first loss of the season, falling on the road at (RV) Aquinas, 72-55. Kamala Glenn was one of two Lady Pilots in double figures with a season- and team-high 19 points in the loss.
- Game Score: Aquinas def. Bethel 72-55
- Records: Bethel (3-1) | Aquinas (2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Aquinas – No. 29
- Location: Sturrus Center | Aquinas College | Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Kamala Glenn: 19 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast
- Kelsey Brickner: 15 pts, 4 reb, 2-5 3-pt
- Maci Heimlich: 8 pts, 2 ast, 2 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots held a one-point lead at halftime but were outscored 22-9 in the third quarter to fall behind 50-38 after three quarters.
- Kamala Glenn scored a season-high 19 points on 8-of-15 shooting.
- The Lady Pilots were outrebounded for the third time in four games this season, allowing 15 on the offensive end and 39 total for the Saints.
- The Pilots recorded double-digit steals for the fourth-straight game this season and rank in the top 25 in the nation in total steals with 51.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots return home to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Saturday, November 10 when they welcome Cornerstone (Mich.) for a 1:00 pm tip-off.