Lady Pilots Trounce Trailblazers for Best Start since 2012-13
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team took it to visiting Ohio Christian on Thursday night in the Wiekamp Athletic Center, opening up a 28-point lead before finishing with a 76-51 win. The Lady Pilots are off to a 3-0 start this season, their best start since the 2012-13 season.
- Game Score:Bethel def. Ohio Christian 76-51
- Records: Bethel (3-0) | Ohio Christian (0-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Ohio Christian – not rated
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kamala Glenn: 18 pts, 8 reb, 3 stl
- Kelsey Brickner: 15 pts, 4 reb, 2-3 3-pt
- Jessica Erwin: 10 pts, 2 stl, 6-8 ft
- Maci Heimlich: 2 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast
- Teagan Parker: 9 pts, 3 ast, 2 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots never trailed, opening up as much as a 28-point lead at 70-42 with 3:34 remaining in the game.
- The Lady Pilots are 3-0 for the first time since 2012-13 when the Lady Pilots advanced to the NAIA DII Quarterfinals.
- The Lady Pilots have recorded at least 13 steals in every game this season and rank 17thin the NAIA DII in steals per game (13.333). They forced Ohio Christian into 31 turnovers and scored 27 points off those turnovers.
- Eric Gingerich notches his 20thcareer win as the head coach of the Lady Pilots
QUOTES FROM COACH GINGERICH
- “Tonight was about growing in some key areas as we try to mature and develop as a team. We are learning what it means to consistently pay to a standard of excellence. I was proud that our ladies responded at halftime and decided to play to our Lady Pilot standard.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots travel to Grand Rapids, Michigan to take on (RV) Aquinas (Mich.) on Tuesday, November 6 at 6:00 pm.