Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State Earn Three Stars
Spartans’ Lewandowski named first star after netting first career game-winning goal against Western Michigan
Mitchell Lewandowski, Michigan State
F – Fr. – Clarkston, Mich.
· Tied for the conference lead with four points in a home-and-home series split against Western Michigan
· Tallied his first career game-winning goal on Friday to carry the Spartans over Western Michigan by a 6-4 margin
· Assisted three of Michigan State’s six goals on Friday
· Claims his first career weekly award
· Last Michigan State First Star: Jerad Rosburg on Nov. 29, 2016
· Last Michigan State honoree: Ed Minney (Second Star) on Jan. 24, 2017
Jake Slaker, Michigan
F – So. – San Diego, Calif.
· Registered three points, including a pair of goals, in Michigan’s weekend sweep of Vermont
· Assisted the game-winning goal in Friday’s 4-1 victory
· Netted the game-tying and game-winning goals in the Wolverines’ 3-2 come-from-behind victory on Saturday
· Earns his second career weekly award and first of the season
· Last Michigan honoree: Zach Nagelvoort (First Star) on March 14, 2017
Sean Romeo, Ohio State
G – Jr. – Cary, N.C.
· Backstopped Ohio State to a pair of victories at UMass, including his first collegiate shutout
· Stopped 47 of 48 shots faced for a .979 save percentage on the weekend
· Allowed a single goal on the weekend for a 0.50 goals against average
· Earns his first career weekly award
· Last Ohio State honoree: Mason Jobst (First Star) on Oct. 10, 2017