Michigan State, Notre Dame and Penn State Earn Three Stars
Morris named first star after backstopping Fighting Irish to a weekend sweep of RPI
Cale Morris, Notre Dame
G – So. – Larkspur, Colo.
· Backstopped the Fighting Irish to a weekend sweep of RPI, making 63 saves for a .984 save percentage as the Fighting Irish extended their nation-leading winning streak to seven games
· Stopped 37 of 38 shots faced saves on Friday in 60 minutes of action
· Turned aside all 25 shots faced on Saturday for his second shutout in his last three contests as he won his seventh consecutive start
· Earns his third career weekly award and second in as many weeks
· Last Notre Dame honoree: Cale Morris (First Star) on Nov. 14, 2017
Mitchell Lewandowski, Michigan State
F – Fr. – Clarkston, Mich.
· Led the Big Ten in goals (three) and goals per game (1.50) last weekend, guiding the Spartans to a series sweep of Ferris State
· Had a hand in all three Spartan goals on Friday, scoring twice in the second period and then assisting on the game-winning goal in overtime
· Scored what proved to be the game-winning goal on the power play with 8:05 to go in the second period of Saturday’s 3-1 win
· Earns his third career weekly award
· Last Michigan State honoree: Mitchell Lewandowski (Third Star) on Nov. 14, 2017
Brandon Biro, Penn State
F – So. – Sherwood Park, Alb.
· Led the Big Ten in points (five) last weekend after a pair of multi-point games, guiding the Nittany Lions to a series sweep of Arizona State
· Tied a career-high with a three-point showing during a 7-0 victory on Friday night
· Netted the first goal for Penn State on Saturday before registering the primary assist on the game-winning goal in the 4-2 road win
· Earns his first career weekly award
· Last Penn State honoree: Denis Smirnov (Second Star) on Oct. 17, 2017