MARION, Ind. — Marian (Ind.) plated the only run of the game in the 6th inning to beat Indiana Wesleyan 1-0 in the Crossroads League Tournament Championship in Indianapolis. The two teams continue their seasons next week in the NAIA National Championship Opening Round.
- Crossroads League Tournament – Championship
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan, 1-0
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 41-13 | Marian 44-4
- Tournament Seed: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 3 | Marian – No. 1
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Marian – No. 4
- Location: Marian Field | Marian University | Indianapolis, Indiana
- Marian scored the lone run of the game in the 6th inning. Carlie Weaver retired the first two batters in the inning but Marian rallied with a single, a stolen base, and another single to score the only run of the game.
- Prior to the game, both teams already knew they would be playing in the NAIA National Championship. Marian clinched the first Crossroads League berth with the regular season title and Indiana Wesleyan earned the second bid earlier in the day with a 9-5 win over Taylor (Ind.) to advance to the championship game vs. Marian.
- Carlie Weaver: L, 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Kristen Exposito: 1-for-2, BB
- Victoria Boyer: 1-for-3
NEXT TIME OUT
- With the win over Taylor (Ind.) earlier in the day, Indiana Wesleyan clinched a berth to the NAIA National Championship. Opening Round pairings will be announced on naianetwork.com on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. The Opening Round brackets will be played on May 15-17 at 10 host sites around the country.