MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team earned their second victory in three games, as Rachel Najdek delivered the 2-1 victory in the circle over No. 2 Marian in game two of a double header on Monday afternoon—the highest ranked opponent the Pilots have ever beaten—to earn the split over the Crossroads League-leading Knights.
- Game 1 Score: Marian def. Bethel 7-3
- Game 2 Score: Bethel def. Marian 2-1
- Records: Bethel (5-33, 4-26) | Marian (37-3, 28-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 2
- Location: Gardner Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Hunter Brummett: 2-6, 2 RBI
- Hannah Haines: 1-5, R
- Victoria Ebersol: 2-6, R
- Rachel Najdek: 7.0 IP, ER, 6 H, 2 K
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots have now won two of their last three games.
- The win over the No. 2 team in the nation is the highest-ranked team the Pilots have beaten in program history and gives them 5 wins this season, their most since winning 15 in 2015.
- After Marian took a one-run lead and stranded five runners through the first two innings of game two, Rachel Najdek shut the door on the high-powered Marian offense, allowing just three base runners thru the final five innings.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Upland to take on the Taylor Trojans on Wednesday in a double header at 4:00 pm.