MARION, Ind. – No. 1 Indiana Wesleyan men’s basketball moved to 16-0 on the season Saturday, a program record for the most wins to start a season in school history. IWU collected their eighth win by 30 or more points this season, topping the University Benedictine University- Mesa, 122-74.
WILDCAT STAT TRACKER
- Spencer Piercefield – 31 points, 5 rebounds, 8/11 3FG
- Kyle Mangas – 19 points, 9 rebounds
- Dylan Alderson – 18 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
WHAT WENT DOWN
- Piercefield knocked down seven first-half triples on his way to a career-high of 31 points. He finished with a career-high eight made triples.
- Indiana Wesleyan didn’t commit a turnover until the 12:05 mark of the first half, finishing with 13.
- Seth Maxwell sits four points away from 1,000 points finishing with nine points and five rebounds.
- The red and gray opened the game on a 22-8 run, forcing a Redhawks timeout.
- Indiana Wesleyan secured a season-high 58 rebounds, the most in a game when they grabed 58 against Bellevue (Neb.)
- This was IWU’s 10th 100 point outing of the season, tying a record for most 100 point outings, a record set during the 1970-71 season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU hosts Indiana Tech on December 30th at 7 p.m.
- Indiana Wesleyan topped the Warriors on October 31, 2020, 97-88.